Callum Newman is the editor of the Money Morning weekend edition and co-editor of Port Phillip Publishing’s subscribers-only eletter Scoops Lane.
Originally graduating with a degree in Communications, Callum decided financial markets were far more fascinating than anything Marshall McLuhan (the ‘medium is the message’) ever came up with.
Today Callum spends his day reading and researching why currencies, commodities and stocks move like they do. So far he’s discovered it’s often in a way you least expect.
To have Callum’s thoughts and insights on the current state of the currency, commodities and stock markets delivered straight to your inbox, take out a free subscription to Money Morning here.
Official websites and financial eletters Callum writes for:
- Money Morning Australia
- Scoops Lane
(You can find a list of recent articles written by Callum at the bottom of this page.)
Join Callum Newman on Google +
Remember: If you think Callum’s financial world view and investing style closely matches your own, or is something you’d like to know more about — then don’t hesitate to join his Google+ profile.
Doing so will give you the following advantages:
- You’ll have a snapshot overview of when Callum has new articles published online so you can keep track of his investment ideas and financial world view more closely.
- It will allow you to follow items of interest Callum highlights on the web which he feels are important for investors to take note of — and that he can’t always fit into his regular eletters.
- You’ll be made aware of when he’s speaking at investment conferences or attending exclusive events that could help broaden and enhance your investment outlook.
- You’ll be able to show support for his articles and financial world view by ‘+1ing’ anything he writes, as well as see recommendations by other people within your circles of interest who may share a similar outlook to your own.
If you don’t already have a Google+ account, you can start one here.
Recent Articles by Callum Newman
- Australia’s Box Seat View of the East China Sea Dispute (12/7/2013) - In case you missed the story so far, the East China Sea ADIZ covers the disputed Diaoyu/Senkaku islands. China and Japan both lay claim to the islands...
- The Technology Sector: Determine Fad from Fantasy (11/30/2013) - The way events are going, no investor can afford to miss what’s happening in the technology sector. It impacts on so many different industries
- Investors: Follow The Developments in The Chinese Steel Industry (11/23/2013) - In case you missed it, the Australian reported this week that the Chinese steel industry is returning to profitability thanks to unexpectedly robust demand...
- The Future of the Currency War (11/16/2013) - Now it seems the Japanese economy is struggling, while China’s is picking up. But Japan is the key market to watch when it comes to the future of the currency war…
- A Timely Reminder About Opportunities in the Resource Sector (11/9/2013) - Rick Rule sees plenty of opportunity in Australian resource stocks. Some of the news this week would suggest he’s right. He doesn’t appear to be alone...