Callum Newman is the editor of the Money Morning weekend edition and co-editor of Port Phillip Publishing’s subscribers-only eletter Scoops Lane.
Originally graduating with a degree in Communications, Callum decided financial markets were far more fascinating than anything Marshall McLuhan (the ‘medium is the message’) ever came up with.
Today Callum spends his day reading and researching why currencies, commodities and stocks move like they do. So far he’s discovered it’s often in a way you least expect.
To have Callum’s thoughts and insights on the current state of the currency, commodities and stock markets delivered straight to your inbox, take out a free subscription to Money Morning here.
Official websites and financial eletters Callum writes for:
- Money Morning Australia
- Scoops Lane
(You can find a list of recent articles written by Callum at the bottom of this page.)
Join Callum Newman on Google +
Remember: If you think Callum’s financial world view and investing style closely matches your own, or is something you’d like to know more about — then don’t hesitate to join his Google+ profile.
Doing so will give you the following advantages:
- You’ll have a snapshot overview of when Callum has new articles published online so you can keep track of his investment ideas and financial world view more closely.
- It will allow you to follow items of interest Callum highlights on the web which he feels are important for investors to take note of — and that he can’t always fit into his regular eletters.
- You’ll be made aware of when he’s speaking at investment conferences or attending exclusive events that could help broaden and enhance your investment outlook.
- You’ll be able to show support for his articles and financial world view by ‘+1ing’ anything he writes, as well as see recommendations by other people within your circles of interest who may share a similar outlook to your own.
If you don’t already have a Google+ account, you can start one here.
Recent Articles by Callum Newman
- Does Anyone Believe anything about the Financial System? (2/23/2015) - Does anyone really believe anything about the financial system — you know, the one that collapsed in 2007 — has really changed? One lesson from history is…
- The Biggest Risk for Resource Investors (2/12/2015) - Divestment programs are happening. And if governments do start requiring reserves to stay in the ground, resource investors will move money out of the sector…
- The Secret to Beating a Financial Crisis (1/12/2015) - Most commentators focus on the global financial crisis as a crisis of debt. But first and foremost it was a land crisis, which few people study.
- The Best Way to Profit From Low Inflation (1/8/2015) - The problem for the central banks is that they want inflation to go up. The latest reading on inflation in Germany was 0.1%. That’s a problem for the ECB…
- The Driving Force Behind the Housing Headlines (12/29/2014) - Do we really need to sacrifice the whole Australian economy to have a functioning real estate market? One would hope not.