Dr Alex Cowie is Money Morning Australia’s Chief Resources Analyst.
Alex holds a graduate degree in finance and investment from the Financial Services Institute of Australia and is trained in Industrial Equity Analysis and Applied Portfolio Management.
He is also the editor and chief analyst for Diggers and Drillers — Australia’s premier resource stock advisory service.
Don’t expect Alex to tip BHP and RIO. You can find broker analysis on these two giant firms anywhere. Alex looks a lot further and deeper into the resource markets to find genuinely good Australian-listed companies on the verge of huge discoveries in often overlooked commodity markets.
As Alex says: Even in a boom, you will not make extraordinary profits by buying the same big-name mining firms everyone else does.
Last year Alex travelled over 100,000 miles across six continents, driving for days across barren deserts, witnessing fatal police shootouts and even being threatened by one mining executive, to bring his readers the very best resource investment opportunities. His goal is to identify under-reported Australian resource stocks that are not being covered by mainstream analysts, while there’s still heaps of potential upside in their stock. These companies can operate anywhere in the world, but they’re all listed here on the ASX.
To have Alex’s insights on the resources, mining and commodities sector delivered straight to your inbox, take out a free subscription to Money Morning here.
Official websites and financial eletters Alex writes for:
(You can find a list of recent investment articles written by Alex at the bottom of this page).
Join Dr Alex Cowie on Google +
Remember: If you think Alex’s financial world view and investing style closely matches your own, or is something you’d like to know more about — then don’t hesitate to join his Google+ profile.
Doing so will give you the following advantages:
- You’ll have a snapshot overview of when Alex has new articles published online so you can keep track of his investment ideas and financial world view more closely.
- It will allow you to follow items of interest Alex highlights on the web which he feels are important for investors to take note of — and that he can’t always fit into his regular eletters.
- You’ll be made aware of when he’s speaking at investment conferences or attending exclusive events that could help broaden and enhance your investment outlook.
- You’ll be able to show support for his articles and financial world view by ‘+1ing’ anything he writes, as well as see recommendations by other people within your circles of interest who may share a similar outlook to your own.
If you don’t already have a Google+ account, you can start one here.
Dr. Alex Cowie
Dr. Alex Cowie Recent Articles
- When Soros Buys Gold Stocks, You Better Take Note… (5/22/2013) - Not only is George Soros buying into the unloved sector of resources, he’s buying into the most despised subsector within it...Gold stocks.
- Look for Small-Cap Resource Stocks with Plenty of Cash (5/21/2013) - If you want to bet on some big moves, cashed up small-cap resource stocks could be the best bet of all.
- STOP PRESS…Resource Stocks Pay Dividends Too (5/15/2013) - Some investors have labelled the resource space as ‘growth stocks’ and left them on the shelf. However there are many dividend-paying resource stocks...
- ‘Best Week in Four Years’: Resource Stocks are Starting to Move… (5/14/2013) - The Australian resource sector just had its best week in over four years. That makes now the time to look at resource stocks.
- Why Small-Cap Resource Stocks Beat Blue Chips Hands Down (5/10/2013) - Resource stocks are going up! Winter is turning to spring in the resource sector, so it’s time to stop being bearish.