The biggest danger in trading the stock market is getting caught up in the stock market hype.
You can be the most bearish trader there is, yet a few days of seeing the stock market cranking up can make you question yourself.
The same goes for bullish traders. They think the stock market is going to the moon. Yet a couple of days of big sell-offs and they press the panic button.
The thing is you don’t know for sure which way the stock market will go until it’s gone there. Sounds obvious right? So as a share market investor you owe it to yourself to stack the odds in your favour.
But with the current state of the global economy — how can anyone make sense of where the market is heading next? And how can you know which ups and which downs are more important than others?
At Money Morning Australia we don’t claim to know everything there is to know about the stock market. Nobody does. But what we do try and do is help you make sense of what’s happening in the wider economy…so you can trade the stock market more profitably.
To discover some of the most valuable investment ideas on the global and Australian share markets, click on the tabs below.
Or better still — take out a free subscription to Money Morning now — and receive the latest insights on the stock market news each day.
PLUS receive this bonus report: The Top 5 Oversold Blue-Chip Stocks in Australia when you take out your free subscription to Money Morning today.
Australian Share Market
Discover more than just Australian stock market news. Instead enjoy a contrarian perspective on the Australian share market, an analysis of good and bad ASX-listed companies and an insight into which Australian stocks are moving the market. Learn what it all means for you and your money. Plus discover which ASX shares are worth paying attention too — and which you should avoid.
- How Goldman Sachs sees the Australian Economy in 2014 (11/27/2013) - If the folks at Goldman Sachs are right, 2014 could be a tough year for the Australian economy. But then again, everyone pretty much knew that right?
- Why The Australian Share Market Could Rally for 10 More Years (11/6/2013) - You know why we believe the Australian share market is going higher. It’s simple. Central banks worldwide will keep pumping fresh money into their economies...
- Why This ‘Low’ in the Australian Share Market is a Good Thing (10/26/2013) - If the current margin debt trend reverses in Australia, that could put some wind at the back of the Australian share market in 2014. Emphasis on the ‘could’, of course.
- Why You Should Prepare For a Year-End Surge for Australian Stocks (10/25/2013) - As for this year, the Australian stock market has so far gained another 14%…and there’s still more than two months of the year to go...
- Why a Higher Aussie Dollar is The Boost Aussie Stocks Are Waiting For (10/18/2013) - It would be natural for you to think that if the Australian stock market went up as the Australian dollarstayed low, then won’t it be bad news for Aussie stocks if the Aussie dollar goes back up again?
Stocks and Bonds
Stocks and Bonds
Learn how an investment in the right stocks and bonds can help build and protect your wealth. Money Morning will tell you everything you need to know about dividend stocks, small-caps and penny shares, resource and mining stocks, energy stocks, gold and silver stocks, oil and gas stocks, corporate and government bonds, blue chip stocks and more…
- Here’s Why Stocks Are Heading Higher… (12/6/2013) - What a day for stocks. What a day for financial stocks. Is this a warning to get out now or another chance to buy stocks on a short term pullback?
- The Grim Outlook for the Australian Dollar Is Good News for Stocks (12/3/2013) - The race to the bottom in the global currency wars continues. Next on the path of destruction is the Australian dollar. But that's good news for stocks.
- Property Investors Can Only Dream of ‘Disappointing’ Returns Like This (12/2/2013) - Unlike property investing, most stock investors don't need to borrow money to invest. That's how stock investors can achieve such high net investing returns...
- A Return to Excess, and What it Means for Stocks (11/26/2013) - We will agree with one thing. When stocks keep taking out a new high, it makes sense to be cautious. But it’s still not time to rush for the exit...
- Don’t Touch This Toxic IPO: Nine Entertainment Co. (11/23/2013) - I’d avoid Nine Entertainment Co. IPO at all costs. Particularly when you’ve got companies like Netflix that are way ahead in terms of innovation and technology.
Trading shares on the stock market is no mean feat. If share trading is something you’d like to get better at, it doesn’t hurt to learn from those in the know. Stock traders who’ve made a fortune, lost it all, and made it back again can help you avoid the common pitfalls of trading the share market and provide guidance and insight on how to make money from trading.
- Using Stock Charts for Technical Trading: Linear versus Log Scales (10/25/2013) - Let me explain the difference between linear and log scale charts. As this is an important concept for new technical traders to understand.
- Red Alert: Why This Stock Market Rally is a Trap (7/11/2013) - How far can this stock market rally go, and when should we start to look for opportunities to get short for the next leg down?
- How Big Traders Are Manipulating the Gold Price (3/6/2013) - Against the backdrop of fiscal mismanagement, political incompetence, and failed austerity measures, the world's biggest traders have all bet heavily on gold. Lately, they've been pulling out all the stops to get what they want while laughing all the way to bigger bonuses.
- Why Aristotle Still Matters to Traders and Investors (3/2/2013) - Trained neuroscientist and former global bank trader John Coates says, if you want to understand financial markets, you must understand the psychology of traders and investors in the market.
- Revealed: Inside a Share Trader’s Den (2/27/2013) - The purpose of this article is to give you some practical insight into how I go about selecting share trades on the Australian stock market…
Global markets are so intertwined these days — what happens in one region of the financial markets can affect another half way around the world. Learn how world market events can affect your investments here in Australia and how you can prosper by being ahead of the game.
- Why Small Nation States Are a Recipe for Growth (11/6/2013) - In a small nation-state, there is less of gap between those at the top and bottom. There is more monitoring, less waste and more dynamism.
- The Future of Money is in Dubai (9/16/2013) - This week I’m in Dubai. This week I’m going to keep you updated about what’s happening at the world’s biggest Financial Services conference, SIBOS.
- Why Apple is Doomed (and why Nokia failed) (9/11/2013) - What is happening to Apple is they’ve forgotten how to be pioneers. Much like Nokia did. Apple is now trying to recapture market share rather than create new markets.
- Why Cyberwarfare Has Become Big Business (9/11/2013) - Cyberwarfare is a $55 billion industry. It’s also America’s fastest-growing industry, set to double in the next 12 months.
- The Russian Stock Market Looks Appalling – but it’s a Buy (9/9/2013) - Investing is all about buying cheap and selling dear. Right now, the Russian stock market is so cheap it is practically pricing in a return to communism...
Small Cap Stocks
Small Cap Stocks
Small-cap stocks (or penny shares) are some of the most risky and volatile stocks on the market. But they can make you the most money too. Discover why we love small-caps so much and learn how to invest in them with limited risk…for big profits.
- How to Tell if This Rally Will Last – Watch Small-Cap Stocks… (10/22/2013) - If you want to know if this is a genuine rally or a volatile market at the top of its range, small-cap stocks could be the giveaway sign.
- Should You Still Buy Stocks Here? Yes, but… (8/9/2013) - As bad as things seem every now and then, the share market still has a habit of turning up nice surprises to help stocks rebound. Is that sustainable? You’ll have to wait and see…
- Look for Small-Cap Resource Stocks with Plenty of Cash (5/21/2013) - If you want to bet on some big moves, cashed up small-cap resource stocks could be the best bet of all.
- Australian Stock Market to Make an All-Time High? This Analyst Thinks So… (3/30/2013) - Kris Sayce sees the stage being set for a boom in the Australian share market that will take it over 7,000 points within two years.
- The Small Cap Miners Operating Deep in the West African Jungle (3/28/2013) - Today's miners are increasingly going where no miner has gone before. One of the most exciting new mining regions is in West Africa.