Despite what many ‘gold fanatics’ tell you…
Gold ISN’T always a great investment. The last few years have proven that.
After a rampaging 12-year bull run, investors dumped gold and rushed into high-yield assets like stocks and bonds.
That move triggered a three year, 39% price plunge. The yellow metal sank from US$1,800 to around US$1,100.
But gold stocks fared much, much worse…
- Newcrest Mining — Australia’s biggest gold producer — tumbled more than 70% from its $42.84 high in 2010.
- Silver Lake Resources crashed to 30 cents — a savage 92% walloping from the frothy it’s 2012 high of $3.90.
- St Barbara sank from $3.00 to just 8 cents between 2010 and 2014…losing investors who hung on 97%!
Of course gold has bounced back — a little. It’s nowhere near its 2011 highs. And if you’re thinking now is the time to jump back into the yellow metal…
…you could be making a huge financial blunder!
In a brand new Money Morning report titled ‘The Right Time to Buy Gold Stocks in 2018’, resource expert Jason Stevenson reveals why gold and gold stocks could head lower in 2018.
If you’re a gold investor or thinking about adding gold to your portfolio you MUST read this special investor report today.
- Why Gold Could Tank Below $1,000: What goes down, must go…DOWN. Gold’s corrective phase is just getting started. Find out why gold’s value could still fall hundreds of dollars in coming months.
- The trigger for the next gold spike: Jason reveals what he believes is the ‘trigger point’ for a return to higher gold prices…and why so few people are looking in this direction (to their detriment).
- The Right Time to Buy Gold Stocks: It’s not all doom and gloom. Gold stocks should eventually bounce back. But right now gold stocks are too expensive. Don’t jump back in until gold (and gold stocks) sound the entry signal Jason reveals on page 3.
Simply put your email address in the space below, and hit ‘Send My FREE Report’. You’ll get a free subscription to Australia’s biggest daily financial email, Money Morning, and we’ll immediately send your free report, ‘The Right Time to Buy Gold Stocks in 2018’.
How Money Morning can make you a better, richer investor
Edited by Harje Ronngard, with contributions from Sam Volkering and Greg Canavan, Money Morning isn’t afraid to tell it like it is. From calling politicians out on the big issues, to taking the mighty housing industry on single-handedly, Money Morning exists to cut through the hype and help you make sense of the stories that REALLY make a difference to your wealth.
Harje Ronngard is the lead Editor at Money Morning. With an academic background in finance and investments, Harje knows how simple, yet difficult investing can be. He has worked with a range of assets classes, from futures to equities. But he’s found his niche in equity valuation. There are two questions Harje likes to ask of any investment. What is it worth? And how much does it cost? These two questions alone open up a world of investment opportunities, which Harje shares with Money Morning readers each day.
Harje and the Money Morning team cover share market developments, company announcements and economic events that may affect your wealth. They’ll take anyone to task — banks, governments, big business — if they think someone is trying to pull a fast one with your money.
Whether you agree with Harje, Sam, Greg and the rest of the Money Morning team or not, you’ll find their common-sense, thought-provoking arguments well worth a read — and you’ll soon realise why Money Morning is the biggest circulation daily financial email in Australia.
But don’t take my word for it — start your Money Morning adventure today…
Money Morning is 100% free and delivered to your inbox every morning, six days a week. You’ll never be charged a cent to read it.